Saturday, February 12, 2011

Work Begins

So....last night I started working on Shepard Mark 2.  I am pretty pleased with the way that it is coming out so far.  We got more done today.

Here are some pictures of the progress:

I always thought the old chest looked a little like armored pads.  This time, I think it will look like an actual suit.  It is also much closer to the actual thing.



With the all important jock strap!  


But the real fun started today when we got down to making the live cast of my head!!

We used silicone and plaster bandages.  I was a bit nervous about the whole thing, if I am being honest, but it turned out to be much less uncomfortable than I had envisioned.

Here is the set up and the product we are using.




Then...on to the bald cap.  Please remind me whenever possible that this ISN'T a good look for me!


We then coated my entire head and shoulders with the releasing agent.  Clearly this is necessary in order the help the silicone come off my skin.  Then....on to the blue goo!








This stage wasn't so bad.  I could still hear, just couldn't really move.  This was two coats of silicone.  Once it had dried, we started adding the plaster.


Until full head mummification was achieved.







Then Micah decided she was a comedian!


Well...that was it.  I sat for a bit feeling mighty uncomfortable, and then we took the stuff off and it is sitting behind me waiting to be filled with plaster tomorrow.  Here is my face in negative form.


Tomorrow, we will be doing the same process for Alicia, who is going to be our Liara.  I will upload some more pics then....action shots perhaps.

I will probably work on Shepard a bit more either tonight or tomorrow.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy the most I have to do is let paint dry haha.
    That last step looks so freaky, almost looks like you couldn't breathe~
    I think I get off at 6 tomorrow
    Shoot me a text if you need an extra pair of hands :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah....it was really weird at the end. I couldn't hear anymore and I was starting to feel very uncomfortable. My nostrils weren't covered up, so thankfully, I was able to breathe freely the entire time.

    ReplyDelete